Tuesday 30 March 2010

Aw di Bodi?

This is 'how are you?' in Krio, the local language which is used as the informal language everywhere including at work but all meetings are conducted in English. Well having just arrived in a hot foreign land, I am still rather obsessed with my health and well being and personal safety. This includes copious applications of Deet at dusk, obsessive tucking in of the mosquito net at night, watching the progress of the prickly heat up my arms, and generally being scared (totally irrationally) of having my bag stolen. I am coping with the heat better now I am at work as there is air con. I am also obsessed with what I eat and what effect it might have!!! I had the local ground nut stew and rice yesterday in the Ministry canteen which was actually lovely and cost 5000 leones (about 80p) and I might risk it again tomorrow.

I've started work and at the end of the2nd day so more about that and the food later this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment