Wednesday 22 December 2010

END GAME

Yesterday was my last day in the Ministry. I was remarkably calm about this. It could be because I didn’t tell many people and sneaked off without saying goodbye…. Too upsetting really. I’ve come to know and love so many of my colleagues and I still don’t know whether or not I’m coming back. The last few days have seen lots of activity finalizing two proposals for continued technical assistance (as its called) for me to come back and finalising the brief for our new Minister of Health (a driven, committed woman, first impressions are that she was be great for the Ministry). Both of the proposals may be funded, or neither! I’ll know after Christmas, but I'm coming back to Freetwon anyway.

My colleagues gave me a lovely cola nut dyed dress with beautiful embroidery and a Thank You card ….Thank you for instilling hope in me when times were difficult… declared the front, I was very touched! Now looking forward to the Ministry Christmas party on Thursday where I'll try not to drink too much and cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment