Monday 14 June 2010

A belated blog!

OK so this is really a blog about blogs. I just wanted people to know that I haven't dropped of the face of the planet, but yes NO BLOG for 3 weeks! Three reasons: (1) I was on a 10 day District Tour from Sunday 23rd May to Tuesday 1 June and visited Bo, Bonthe, Tonkolili, Kenema and stayed in Makeni (Bombali). I came home a day early and missed the Port Loko visit because (2) I got sick. This time it wasn't the usual stomach bugs where I can usually function Ok, but I came home with a bad chest infection and yes more runs! After several days of trying and failing to get better, the worst day being Saturday where I couldnt leave the house, eventually I resorted to the antibiotics (Cipro) and I am now a convert to the magic of this drug! And reason no (3) last Thursday I went on a 4 day trip to Liberia! Our Mission (and yes we chose to accept it) was to boldy go down many dirt tracks, through many police check points, arrive at the Liberian border, more checks and police and immigration and Port Health people checking yellow fever documentation (although we werent actually at a port!!) and finally arriving in Monrovia a mere 13 hours later...... so got back last night and I'm quite tired but fine. So I promise blogs on: Rural Sierra Leone and Liberia but no more on being ill! The photo is on the beach in Monrovia, just to demonstrate I'm healthy and well


One thing that has really surprised me is how many people actually read this blog. From as far away as New Zealand, Milan, New York, Denver, Sydney, Copenhagen and many friends in the UK! Thank you for being so interested, in addtion to my fathful family!! I'd love to receive comments ... you can now comment without signing up! more soon Carole

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carole and welcome back darling. So glad your all better now and ready to take up the blog once more. I'm looking forward to reading all about your latest adventures. Hope this new comment thingy works.

    Love light and peace.

    Ray :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole

    Still haven't managed to cope with facebook etc, so using this comment option! Loving reading about what you are up to - amazing adventures, but seem to involve a lot of gastric upsets. Pleased your back sharing now -look forward to reading next installments.

    Love Mary B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, I have been reading regularly, thought I'd post on here and let you know!
    All the interesting and worthwhile stuff on here is really making me want to do it too and hopefully a lot of others are feeling the same xx carry on and look forward to catching up in July when you are back xx

    PS you look great on these photos xxxx

    lots of love from Stef xxxx heres some hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete