Tuesday 30 November 2010

Mami and Pikin Wellbodi week, World Aids Day, I cant keep up!

Mother and Child Health Promotion week was launched actually last week by the President, 3 key things are happening: 3 million Malaria nets are being distributed to all households in the country (so a tiny challenge then!), Vitamin A for all children and deworming medication (Albendazole) for all. I have a net, I take multi-vitamins, but I'm due for the 6 monthly mass genocide of the small pets living in my colon!!! these campaigns every 6 months do seem to have an impact

I cant believe that its 1 December tomorrow.... count down to Christmas and World Aids Day. There is a big event happening at the back of my office to mark the day (I know because of all the tents, chairs and red ribbons banners!) and we health workers are required to 'March' ok saunter in this heat from Victoria Park in town to somewhere else (not sure where yet). This is a lot easier than a previous sporting activity I undertook on 1 December 1989, which was to throw myself off the top of Fazakerly Hospital (a mere 14 storeys high) with only a rope for company... abseiling apparently. I raised enough money to pay for the post traumatic stress counselling needed for the next 5 years! I'm assuming the March will be less scary.

The photo is of some kids who will benefit this week I hope... plus an animal called a 'grass cutter' which is a delicacy but whose sweet taste I've not had the privilege to try yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment