Tuesday 16 November 2010

(Lack of!) Future Plans

I have decided to stay on longer in Freetown after my VSO placement ends at Christmas, for another 6 months or more. However I have to overcome some minor problems: (1) I have no job yet (2) I will have nowhere to live in 8 weeks time! I still have no idea whether I'm going home for Christmas or not and the flights are getting booked up! Mmmm... well at least I have started to look for a job and even applied for 2 but no luck yet. Plan A is to get funding to stay in the Ministry (easier said than done). Plan B is to work for a partner agency here but I'd prefer the Ministry in order to put the last 8 months to good use. Plan C is to give up on health and open a good italian coffee shop, with great coffee, paninis and cake! I even have the name..... Caroluccios! Watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. How weird is it that I finally manage to look at your blog on the day that you announce that you are going to stay on for longer!
    I did expect you to stay on. The Sierra Leonian chap at my work was sure you would stay on once I told him your situation. He thinks you'll never come back!
    Anyway I'm glad you are liking it so much that you want to stay on, but sad that we won't see you. Don't know if Steven will ever get another trip out, but if we win the lottery we'll all be out like a shot.
    I think your blog is amazing by the way - the anecdotes you tell are funny, touching, shocking by turn. Keep it up :)
    Good luck with the job hunting. Lots of love
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Carole! SLs gain is our loss! Come home this Xmas and let's discuss

    ReplyDelete