Saturday 18 September 2010

Home Thoughts from Abroad

Its about 7 weeks since I’ve blogged so apologies to the faithful handful of followers (Mum and Rosie)! I’ve been back in Freetown for 2 weeks after a rather frenetic time at home and its good to be back, actually I’m very happy to be back, but feeling somehow like I have two realities!

My visit home also included London, Birmingham, North Wales and Anglesey, Solway Firth (Carlisle), the Lakes, Derbyshire (various places including Chesterfield… funny that crooked tower!), Liverpool, Manchester, Warrington, Preston and various parts of Cheshire! No of course I didn’t work my way logically up/across the country. I visited people in a half random order consuming lots of diesel in my little car!

So I’d best continue the roll call from 5th August…..Andy Bacon and his lovely wife (to talk ‘development!!’), The crowd at Fran and Colin’s annual Sutton Coldfield BBQ (Annie and Nigel, Caroline, Angela and the badminton crowd!) the rest of my family (Simon, Linda, Cara and Thomas), Vicky Hogarth who I was at school with and haven’t seen for years, Kathryn, Steve and Imogen, Aziz and Ingvar, Barbara and Richard, Penny, Caroline Lambert, Andrea Campbell, Then it was my BBQ party on 14th August and lots of folks came, already mentioned as well as Emma, Angel and Elizabeth, Margaret Hughes, Catherine, Mark and Bethany, Mandy, Mary Bell, David B and his girlfriend, Nick B and other from Macc.




















Sue came all the way from London to spend a couple of nights with me and helped me to shop for torches and other essential Freetown items! The Wales trip included Wendy (some shopping) and Nigel, Sam and Laurie, Bernadette and family and Alison. Then SOLFEST with Rosie which is always fun and fab weather!! Elaine and Steve, Pauline and Laurence (finally to drop off Scuz in Chipping Norton on the way to LHR)….Phew!!! Next time I think I’ll be at home a bit more as it was rather exhausting!

But… I loved being home (apart from the Smokey Martini hangover acquired at Kuckoo in Preston, courtesy of my lovely Sister and the rather gorgeous bartender!!). At least imanaged to catch up with Amanda and Sarah before trhe alcohol affected my memory!
The trip highlights, apart from seeing lots of good friends, was definitely Solfest (see photos on FB) nice hikes in the beautiful countryside and eating!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment